Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Beginning Sounds Mystery Messages

I spent a rainy morning getting another learning pack ready to post in my store.  (I have a few that I need to do that too!)

My students love Mystery Messages and I love that they can use these to practice beginning sounds, capital letters, spacing, correct spelling, punctuation, and neat handwriting.



There are 24 messages included.  Each one has a choice of 2 writing lines.
Back to School:  I am very happy you are here!
Fall: The squirrel has an acorn.
Fall: Do you like to carve pumpkins?
Halloween: Are you afraid of spiders?
Halloween: What is your favorite candy?
Thanksgiving:  I am thankful for my friends.
Christmas: The elf on the shelf is magic!
Christmas: Do you like candy canes?
Winter: My snowman has a carrot nose.
Winter: Do you want to build a snowman?
New Year: It is going to be a great year!
Groundhog Day: Do you think the groundhog will see his shadow?
Valentine’s Day: Will you be my Valentine?
100th Day: I am one hundred days smarter!
Earth Day: We can all help the Earth.
Easter: Draw five eggs in the basket.
Insects: An insect has three body parts.
Summer: Swimming at the beach is fun!
Summer: It is important to wear sunscreen.
Friends: I can be kind everyday.
Color: What is your favorite color?
School: School is cool!
Superhero: I always try my best!
Recess: Playing outside is fun!


For each message students look at the picture, sound out the word and print the beginning sound.  The letters will spell a mystery sentence that students then need to print.

I have included an 'I can' student instruction card for you to use if you plan to use these in a literacy center.  

You can find this learning pack HERE at my TPT store.

As always, the first 3 people who leave a comment on this post with their email will receive a copy.





6 comments:

  1. Wow! Would love these! Great for Back to School with my students!
    rachelmd93@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this! nl_scannon@seovec.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these mysteries and these are just perfect for back to school!
    miaqunin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete