Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Meet Me ... some things you might not know :)

I've linked up with my friends at The Teaching Tribune and am excited to learn a little more about my friends.  If you have a blog we'd love for you to link up too and let me know you did so I can learn about you too!


So, here's a little about me!


I teach - First Grade - it is my absolute favorite and am amazed at how much my firsties grow and change each year!
I have - Two amazing, wonderful teenagers!  My oldest just turned 19 and my youngest is 14.  They are turning into such independent young adults and I am so proud of them.
I watch - I have a few shows that I watch faithfully.  My PVR fills up through the busy school week and then I enjoy them on the weekend.  I was sooooo disappointed to hear that next season will be Parenthood's last.  I feel as if I know the Bravermans personally.
I listen - I bought my daughter and I tickets to see One Direction in August so I am really making an effort to listen to and learn their songs.  Now she tells me that the opening act is great too so now I need to find out who 4 Seconds of Summer are ?!?!  (I'm going for the best mom ever award!)
I read - We all have educational books we are reading, but when I just want to escape from the real world I read anything Nicholas Sparks and Debbie Macomber.  I was so excited to find Cedar Cove last summer and am anxiously awaiting season 2 in July :)
I do - obviously with 2 teenagers (one being a girl!) I do ENDLESS laundry.  I'm sure I wash clothes that haven't even been worn since they were washed the last time!  AND, did you know that I love to do cross-stitch?  It is such a relaxing past time.  Here are a couple of my recent projects :)


and one that took me two years :)
For those who are not familiar with cross stitch I start with a blank linen and follow a pattern (these ones are Paula Vaughn) and make teeny tiny little Xs like this.

Be sure to head on over to The Teaching Tribune to link up and/or find out more about your teacher friends.

Have wonderful Monday!
Laureen


4 comments:

  1. We have a quite a bit in common. I too have teenagers, do tons of laundry and I really enjoy cross stitch. Although, I haven't done it in quite a few years, I just haven't found the time. Your pieces are beautiful! I have linked up too if you want to check out my post.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We DO have a lot in common! I'm heading over to check out some posts now :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Ah, Laureen, my sweet friend. I had no idea that you cross stitched! I used to do that many years ago. You'll have to share some pics of your creations. My mom still does it daily and has created some beautiful pieces.
    We have known each other for a while, sweet friend, but it's very nice to learn something new. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Cyndie - I LOVE This linky as a way of learning a bit about our friends :)

      Delete