Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tens and Ones Christmas Mystery Picture

Okay ... the Christmas music and hustle and bustle at the malls have me doing my Christmas shopping (I really need to) planning.  I love Christmas and now that report cards and parent-teacher conferences are behind me the planning is in full swing.  I have my Christmas math work stations posted at TPT and I'll be doing a post about them soon :-)
 
For now I thought I would show you my Christmas Tens and Ones Mystery Picture.
Students need to solve each number then find the number and color.  For example:
4 tens 7 ones ___
 
 
You can find this activity at my TPT store.  Students pages are black and white so you can save your color ink :)  If you plan to use this as a math work station you can find a free I can... card here.  I am going to help the first 2 followers who leave a comment on this post with their Christmas planning.  I'll send them each a copy of this activity. (Don't forget your email)
 
Also, don't about the ongoing fundraiser for Georgian teacher Teresa Williams who remains in CCU.  You can see the details at 2nd Grade Pad.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. I am hoping to start early, but that usually never happens. I am always out on Christmas Eve doing last minute shopping!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have good intentions too! My goal is to be done by the 15th - we'll see!
      check your inbox :)

      Delete
  2. I started shopping on Saturday. We are right in the thick of tens and ones in my first grade class! This would be great!
    Alyce
    Alyce.bartel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You two have given me the incentive to get back to the mall!
      Check your inbox!

      Delete
  3. This is such a creative idea! Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward to Trying this with my little firsties!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Julie
    First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Come back to visit often :)
      I enjoyed your post with the needs and wants and am your newest follower!

      Delete
  4. Love your activity! I'm a new follower! love for you to stop by..trying to get to that big 500 number :)
    Help Tori get to 500

    ReplyDelete