Sunday, November 18, 2012

I Spy Christmas Words

My students cannot get enough of magnifying glasses!  I find December challenging to keep students focused and productive especially during independent work time.  So, I came up with this I Spy activity.
There are 4 I Spy pictures for students to search for teeny tiny hidden Christmas words.  There is a choice of 2 recording sheets for students to record the words they find.  One page has students printing the words.  The other has students printing the words and then finding them in a word search. Magnifying glasses and a wordsearch - your students will love you and they'll never know they are working!
 
You can find this activity in my TPT store.  I will send a copy of this activity to the first 2 followers who leave a comment on this post with your email :-)
 
 

9 comments:

  1. This is a great activity..for me to use next December!! :)
    katherine.lyons@nbed.nb.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE this! My students love using magnifying glasses and the practically beg for these kinds of activities ! :-). Thank you!

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Would love a copy!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - that's it! Keep visiting everyone - I always give a couple of my units away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this freebie/give away but won your farm "I Spy"! :) I'm going to have to get this one - my kids are going to love hearing that a first grade teacher shared this with us! (I teach Kdg!). Love these activities!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they enjoy using the magnifying glasses. My kiddos can't seem to get enough of them! p.s. I taught kindergarten for 13 years :-) I love grade one, but sometimes I really miss K.

      Delete